Money market funds offer several advantages to investors:
- diversification of investments across securities and by issuer;
- outsourcing of credit analysis to a professional cash management team;
- same day or next day liquidity with no redemption penalties;
- segregation of assets in a separate, ring-fenced account; and
- competitive money market returns.
Only IMMFA funds are run according to the standards set by the IMMFA Code of Practice. These are significantly more stringent than the general rules laid down for money market funds in Europe - the ESMA Guidelines.
IMMFA money market funds follow these additional criteria to manage credit, interest rate and liquidity risks, in order to offer investors funds managed with the joint aims of preservation of capital, provision of liquidity, and returns typical of those offered by equivalent products.